When was the last time you went inside the office only to find out you were over or underdressed for a meeting or presentation? Your office look matters much more than you think. How a person dresses up tells a lot about their personality and taste. Fortunately, fashion sense is not entirely inherited but can be learned as well. Knowing what to wear and when to wear it is key to confidence.
If you aren’t sure what to wear to work, here is a complete guide to office wardrobe essentials to look professional at all times:
Types of Attire
Before you jump to the work wardrobe essentials, here is a quick guide to the types of business attire:
- Casualclothing includes T-shirts, blouses, button-down shirts, cropped pants, jeans, shorts, open-toed shoes, etc.
- Smart Casualclothing includes items like blazers, dresses, sports jackets, button-down shirts, trousers, skirts, clean sneakers, and more.
- Business Casualcomes in between formal and informal attire. Items include pencil skirts, collared shirts, blazers, sweaters, trousers, blouses, etc.
- Business Professionalgoes with strict dress code rules and conservative settings. Clothing items include tidy dresses, dark-coloured suits, ties, neat button-down shirts with blazers, etc.
- Business Formalis the most formal of all; it is usually reserved for special settings, such as award ceremonies, important evening events, and special dinners. Clothing items include black suits, shirts or suit dresses, evening dresses (if appropriate), dark pants, suits, etc.
5 Office Wardrobe Essentials
Here are five office wardrobe essentials every man and woman must have to look professional in every business setting!
Working in an office, you must own, if not one, a couple of suits. Whether in a business professional or formal business setting, well-tailored suits help you look professional in interviews and more. They boost your confidence and bring out the best in you. Get a couple of suits to your liking, but make sure to include a black, navy blue, and cream/off-white suit.
For men, dress shirts that go along with any blazer or pants can make a great impression in any business setting. A white, sky blue, and black shirt can work well with most blazers or pants. You can wear them with suits or independently.
For women, a few formal and plain blouses, both brightly coloured and neutral coloured, can go along with most, if not all, of their blazers and pants/skirts. Buy a few to never run out of blouses again.
A basic and neutral-coloured dress should be part of a women’s wardrobe. The dress can go well with a blazer as well. Make sure to add two to three neutral dresses to your wardrobe!
Having formal shoes is crucial to completing your professional wardrobe. For men, one pair of black Oxford shoes and one pair of dark brown or derby shoes would do the trick.
For women, open-toed shoes are not allowed in a formal setting. Make sure to have closed-toed heels, loafers, flats, boots or pumps. Many options are available in the market, but you would want a plain colour and style that could go with most of your outfits.
If you’re looking to buy some stylish yet comfortable officewear outfits, trust Evanna Fashions House for all your fashion needs.
Evanna Fashions House is a sustainable fashion store that offers a wide range of clothes to match your style and ensure you look professional in all business settings. Visit their website today to find the perfect outfit for each business setting!